Sunday, April 17, 2011

…. And my love story came with an expiry date

The circle of life goes on and on,

People meet and then they are gone.

As strangers we met,

And then the friendship set.

The hi’s and hello’s soon turned into

Animated conversations with time.

As the seconds tumbled to minutes, minutes into hours,

Years passed by and I knew we had come afar.

More than just friends had we grown

The seeds of love were over the time sown.

Time rolled by and we knew we were meant to be,

Fate has its own plans and that’s what one sees.

Distances tore them apart

But love for them would not depart.

Gradually the distance played the prank,

Distances now seemed endless and frank.

The longer the distances grew,

Conversations became few.

Priorities changed and so did reasons,

Like the ripples in the water and the changing seasons.

My world fell apart or so I thought,

But I knew I had to face the truth I sought.

I knew I had to move on,

Life had to be given another chance.

My life had changed at the whims of fate

And my love story came with an expiry date.

22 comments:

Malavikka said...

hey this poem is lovely, but i feel it would suit friendship more.

praveen said...

tis poem is too good to read.... evry line speaks of wht really happens.... :)

Unknown said...

absolutely true..i really liked the ryhtm....and thoughts

m# said...

Cheers to friendship n nimi...but dont worry...evn after our expiry...our love...our endless love will never ever expire for each other.... ;) and dont bbe sad....only bad things come to an end and not the good....just like u n me...heheheehe.....love yaa.....

Nikhi said...

good one nim! everything in life comes with an expiry date......it just varies whether its a day or a month or a year.it is the absolute truth of life.

Unknown said...

Good one Nimi. Tells the truth of life.

shiv.desai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Its a nice one nim's, u just jotted down the nude reality of life. Good flow n splendid usage of words. Keep it up.

Vajra said...

Very good poem having shake spear kind'a of words...Nice way of explaining Real vs Virtual Life...Don't give up..Stay Blessed....Tnq

prajakta said...

u r a great poet.But the poem reminds me of my relationship...

Torrent said...

hi dear,

i likes this poem it touched teh chord of my heart

Anonymous said...

awesomely written....i never knew u can do such amazingly entertaining poems :)

HIMS said...

. the older it becomes , it gets better .
good work but i should advice u , write a book , seriously that would bring out the true writer in u . take my words and you would be the more successful writer on this planet

amen

Unknown said...

we meet to part n part to meet..nature works in this fashion...very lucid n touching ..wet emotions r beyond appreciation...keep smiling!

Unknown said...

I loved the title! :)
A good poem...bout what exactly happens in life :)

pappu adii said...

soo well said putting the words of feelings together into lines <3 :)

Ruturaj Undre said...

Good one buddy..Now what I really wanna know is whom is this poem really dedicated to :P Cheers..!!

Nimisha said...

@ rutu

no dedications here... its not my story either... just a fictitious one..... :)

Sagar said...

Truth of life!

Sagar said...

Truth of life!

Lc said...

And u said u write only humour. Amazing! I was never avble to write a story in poetry..

Ritesh said...

A love story never has an expiry date...it just goes missing to be found again in time...wait for your time :-)!
Regards
Ritesh Kumar Sethia